High-quality solutions applied to the surfaces of medical instruments and devices prevent the formation of harmful germs. To achieve this, the following properties are indispensable:
- because it is easier for dirt to stick to uneven surfaces, the surface structure must be virtually free from pores and extremely smooth.
- soiling can be removed easily and without leaving any residues when the surface possesses non-stick properties.
- extremely hard and scratch-resistant surfaces help maintain the properties for longer.
- efficient corrosion protection increases the longevity of components.
- as medical devices need to be sterilized with corrosive substances, it is imperative that the surface is highly resistant to aggressive chemicals.
- the surface coating must securely adhere to the substrate.
According to the requirements of the German Consumer Goods Ordinance (BedGgstV) and the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA), medical devices require food-safe surface coatings. Our sophisticated and durable surface finishes exceed these requirements, without exceptions.